Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can I get rid of some icons like nsw2005.exe on my desktop and not lose antivirus protection?

I clicked that icon and about 23 more icons appeared on the desktop. I'd like to clean it up. There are also other icons that I never use, mostly sbc icons that appeared when I followed instructions from the guy at sbc when I had trouble getting on the internet. But I don't want to lose internet service. I have been clicking only one icon and it's worked great for months. Just too many sbc icons clutter the desktop.



How can I get rid of some icons like nsw2005.exe on my desktop and not lose antivirus protection?antivirus software



Deleting the shortcut icons on the desktop will not delete the applications, but you can save memory by moving the icons to a folder.



- Close any applications you have open, or minimise them



- Right click on a blank area of the desktop



- Select New %26gt; Folder



- left click once, and hold down the button, on a blank area of the desktop, to the right and bottom of your icons



- select the icons you want to move by moving the mouse, keeping the button pressed, to the top right



- very carefully, click once on one of the selected icons and hold the button down



- drag and drop the icons into the new folder



- repeat for any solo icons you want to move (you cannot move some like My Computer)



- right click on the new folder and select Rename

No comments:

Post a Comment