Friday, August 20, 2010

How can I lower the CPU usage of rtvscan.exe from my symantec antivirus protection?

Hi everyone! rtvscan.exe is taking up over 40k of my cpu. it comes from symantec antivirus protection, is this kind of cpu usage normal?



when i burn items now like cds/ dvds, i'm not able to access any other programs on my computer or it will freeze, stall, or ruin my burning projects.



does this just mean i need a new processor? i have an amd turion.



by the way, my symantec version is 10.0.2.



any info would be helpful :)



How can I lower the CPU usage of rtvscan.exe from my symantec antivirus protection?auto protect



Sorry to say, but you are now in the world of symantec computer Resource HOG...This is a well know fact...If you want to use their AV you have to deal with the load it puts on your computer...



So you have 2 choices...



1. Get an AV that doesn't do this like Kaspersky Internet Security.



2. Get a faster more powerful computer...of course the first option is cheaper and better...



See for your self... http://usa.kaspersky.com/products_servic...



How can I lower the CPU usage of rtvscan.exe from my symantec antivirus protection?downloads



ctr+alt+delete then go to processes tab. look for the rtvscan process, right click and set priority lower or higher....whatever.



don't recommend it but why do we do it? because we can....

No comments:

Post a Comment