Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What is the best free antivirus protection for my new vista laptop?

i know you will all say i should buy norton but need a free one till i can afford it.cheers



What is the best free antivirus protection for my new vista laptop?spyware remove



You can't beat AVGFree in my book. Use it in combination with a good firewall, such as ZoneAlarm (also free) and some spyware checkers (I paid for CounterSpy - it's very good, and also cheap), and you should be OK.



The ones you pay for, such as Norton, are so memory-hungry that you will have problems from the minute you install them, then you will not be able to un-install them without a lot of hassle.



If you want reviews, goto http://www.pcworld.com - they'll have the lowdown on most anti-virus products.



What is the best free antivirus protection for my new vista laptop?virus protection



I have used the avg on my PCs and recommended it for years..you may want take note on firewalls the comodo firewall is free and ranks high above the more well known zonealarm,ashampoo,pctools(the first to work with vista)and Microsoft windows firewall,..and works with xp and vista.
I have to agree with all the fanboyz above. Norton is a real system killer, it eats system resources and I thought the 2003 version was death and worse that having a virus. Free is good and if you install three security products they will complement each other and make your PC pretty much safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment