Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How often should you scan norton antivirus protection?

I used to have that, and I recall it actually automatically set a full system scan date itself. I'd recommend to scan a *minimum* of once per month, but I scan once per fortnight.



How often should you scan norton antivirus protection?triumph



auto-set; once a month approx.; but sooner if it detects suspicious activity



How often should you scan norton antivirus protection?worms



You should get rid of nortons it will ruin your computer I had it and had nothing but problems until it was taken off over a year ago and no problems since
Never. Uninstall it and replace it with Avira (http://www.free-av.com/ ) and Spyware Terminator (http://www.spywareterminator.com/ ) (turn off web security guard).



Then scan weekly with SuperAntiSpyware (http://www.superantispyware.com/ ).



[To others: Yes, I know it's slightly underpowered protection, but it's better than Norton]
In scanning your pc, you could schedule it everyday if you practically go to every website with known viruses or download almost everytime,once every week if you're a medium to heavy user or once every month if you're a light to med user.
I scan with Norton every week and I probably don't need to that often because I don't venture a lot.



When I download anything from the internet I always Save instead of Open or Run then close out and go to the downloaded file and right click and scan with Norton before installing or opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment